Fate Core Mechwarrior
Aspects that may have formed between birth and age 10.
- Aspects related to being raised in the country (or in other remote parts of human space where amenities are few and far between), the back woods life leaves one hardy, but unrefined and uneducated.
- Samples: “Simple and direct as a timber-axe to the face,” “Folksy manners and wit”
- Skills: Should probably have at least Average in Physique, possibly Notice and Athletics
- Aspects related to being raised by the common folk of most thriving commercial or industrialized worlds, characters from blue collar families have humble beginnings, but usually receive a solid education and even some vocational insights.
- Samples: “Fixin’ machines is easy, people are difficult,” “Nobles ain’t my kind of people”
- Skills: Should probably have at least Average in Physique, Lore and/or Crafts
Born Mercenary Brat
- Aspects related to being born to mercenary parents (or adopted by a passing mercenary command early in life). The character is an army brat of the most transient nature, whose family travels to distant and foreign realms with regularity, and who knows no true nationality or culture beyond the confines of military DropShips and field bases.
- Samples: “You can trust me, unless somebody else pays better,” “Everybody sells out for the right price”
- Skills: Should probably have at least Average in Athletics, Contacts, Lore, Rapport, Shoot, Fight
- Aspects related to being raised on a farm faces a childhood of seemingly endless chores in a modest lifestyle. The work is hard, but ultimately rewarding. As not every world in the Inner Sphere can grow its own food, farming families are often highly respected.
- Samples: “We keep going until the work’s done,” “Plants and crops is easy, people are hard!”
- Skills: Should probably have at least Average in Physique, Lore, and Craft
- Aspects related to being born to a fugitive lifestyle face transient childhoods, constantly on the move as their parents or guardians—wanted for crimes against the state or hunted by criminal overlords—whisk them from one world to another in a desperate effort to elude capture.
- Samples: “Paranoia is only bad if they’re not trying to kill you,” “Don’t trust nobody”
- Skills: Should probably have at least Average in Contacts, Notice, Empathy, Will, Athletics
- Aspects related to being blessed with the most privileged of upbringings, receiving upper class status, top-rate education and a luxurious lifestyle where every need and many desires are automatically met. As a result, “bluebloods” often seem cultured, but suffer from the indulgences of their soft lives.
- Samples: “I was born to command the lesser folk,” “I know the worth of expensive things”
- Skills: Should probably have at least Average in Contacts, Lore, Provoke, Rapport, Resources
- Aspects related to being born to slavery. These characters are typically the children of slaves still working off a debt to their masters, or were themselves captured and sold into slavery at a very young age (typically by pirates and such). The young slave’s life can be a harsh one, with few rewards.
- Samples: “I define my own worth,” “Emotions only get you whipped”
- Skills: Should probably have at least Average in Physique, Athletics, Will, maybe Deceive and/or Burglary, and depending on the type of Slavery – Rapport & Empathy